Clark Company History ~ Founded 1895
In 1958, William P. Clark, Sr. joined forces with his son, William “Bill” P. Clark, Jr., a young attorney, to found Clark Land and Cattle Company in Ventura County, a ranch real estate brokerage and management company.
Bill, following in his forebears’ footsteps spent nineteen years in government service. He served Governor Ronald Reagan, first, on a task force reorganizing the Executive Branch of the California government; next, as Cabinet Secretary. In January of 1969, Bill was appointed to the Superior Court, then in 1971, to the Court of Appeal, and finally, in 1973, to the California Supreme Court. With Ronald Reagan’s election to the Presidency of the United States, he again called on his old friend. So, Bill and his wife Joan moved to Washington, D.C. where Bill served as Deputy Secretary of State (2/24/1981); National Security Advisor (1/18/1982); and Secretary of the Interior (10/13/1983) before retiring from formal government service January 1, 1985 and returning to Clark Company in Paso Robles, California.
Bill’s son, Pete Clark, has followed in the footsteps of his ancestors, sharing their love of the land, working with cattle and horses. After majoring in Agricultural Business Management from 1975 to 1979 at California Polytechnic State University, Pete received his State of California Real Estate License and joined his grandfather at Clark Land and Cattle Company, relocating the headquarters to Paso Robles, California. Pete presently serves as Corporate President and Real Estate Broker for Clark Company.